Saturday, November 6, 2010

...and part 3...

...and this is what I looked like just before being wheeled down to surgery. DT insisted upon getting a picture of this most fabulous hairnet. It's so weird they make you wear that thing. Anyway...

Less than 30 minutes after the doctor declared we were going to get our baby I was on the operating table. There is no way I can adequately record what happened in there because I was so overwhelmed with emotions and drugs. I just remember clinging to my sweet husband's hand and feeling the pressure of the baby being released from my belly. At that exact moment my emotions from the whole experience came out with him. I was overwhelmed with pure joy and uncontrollable tears. Dr. Creighton lifted Tripp above the curtain and told DT to stand up. DT held both hands straight up in the air and yelled, "He's awesome!" They cleaned him up enough for DT to bring him around the curtain. The feeling in that moment can only be paralleled by what I felt when I walked down the aisle toward DT on our wedding day. LOVE...the closest thing to unconditional love that we are humanly capable of. We had a few sweet moments with Tripp before he and DT went to get him weighed and cleaned up. I hope these moments are never erased from my memory. My sweet husband holding our precious first-born baby, both of us in tears and so in love.



As DT and I shared the story with our family and friends over the next few days we were reminded of the love our Father has for us. Tripp has done nothing to earn our love, in fact he really does nothing but take from us, and yet we love him with every fiber of our being already. If we love Tripp this way then how much must our Father in heaven love us? We have done nothing to earn His love and in fact we done everything for Him to not love us. And yet He loves! So much hat He sent Jesus, His own Son, to live and die for us and to conquer death that we might die to sin and inherit His righteousness. Tripp's birth truly led us to worship Jesus for all He is and all He has done for us. We are incredibly thankful God blessed us with the opportunity to give Tripp his earthly life and we pray God will give us the wisdom, love and grace to lead him towards Jesus, who will give him eternal life!

For our sake He made Him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. 
2 Corinthians 5:21

This is my fabulous doctor, Dr. Creighton with me and Tripp at my 6-week post-partum checkup. We are so thankful for her wisdom and leadership! 
     

3 comments:

  1. So glad to see you are blogging again. Can't wait to see Tripp in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until you had Tripp, I bet you never knew you could live with your heart outside of your body!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kellie- I have so enjoyed reading this! Looking forward to more! :)

    ReplyDelete